Sunday, August 31, 2008

woall d-own dah bindow!!!


While growing up, our family would crowd into the car and drive to places like Yellowstone, Bear Lake, Canyonlands and other fun and eventful places. Because of the size of our family, the younger ones (me included) usually climbed into the back of the Jeep Wagoneer or the International Travelall.

On one trip to Yellowstone, my brother and I were crammed into the back with several others. The boredom of the trip would cause us to either fight or create fun and creative games. Our discussions and antics eventually led to a game I will call "bleh". It was a pretty easy game but required timing and intellect. I started by turning my head to the left, sticking my tongue out toward my brother while leaning forward to say "bleh" as if I was sick. He would then perform a bleh towards me while I turned back toward the vehicles behind us (remember we were crammed in the very back). We would then continue back and forth until someone made a mistake.

It was at that moment that we both understood the horrible flaw of our newly designed game. I turned toward the cars as usual, and then, in attempt to confuse him, abruptly took my turn at the same time he did. The distance between us was not great enough to compensate for this new timing. Our tongues made contact and the world began to spin as a repulsive nausea filled my brain. We both began to yell, tongues still out of our mouths in order to avoid ingesting the foreign germs. " Woall d-own dah bindow" was all we could say, hoping our understanding father would roll down the back window so we could spit the vial liquid. Seeing no need to risk us falling out the back at 60+ MPH, he simply said "no" followed be an aggressive "shut up".

Our pleas of "ouwwer tonnges tuched, we need ew thpit" remained unanswered. We resorted to licking our own clothes to clean our violated tongues. I am sure we received more germs from our clothes than from each other. But, young boys would never understand such hogwash.

3 comments:

Balser said...

Ewe ewe ewe! I would freak out if that happened to me! Not okay!

Niki said...

That is HILLARIOUS!!!!

Tony said...

Norm you are definanately one of the funniest people I know ever!