The big day has now come and gone. My oldest daughter is now married and she and her husband are hading off for their own lives. The wedding went very well and the family and friends that visited her at the weding, luncheon and reception appreared to enjoy themselves.
There is an old saying that goes something like "you are not loosing a daughter, you are gaining a son. Though I agree with that philosophically, I lean more on the phrase "I am not loosing a daughter, I am gaining a bedroom and more bathroom time"!! (I will probably pay a big price for that comment).
I am excited for them, and love them both, but sad to see her leave my home. I am no longer the #1 man in her life and hopefully I will be her #2 man for a while regardless to my comment above.
The reception was AWESOME and enjoyable. Due to the many hours of work by my wife, members of her and my family, and close friends, things came together very well. Some put a huge ammount of effort, but all added help and support that was immeasurable. The decorations and lighting transformed a bland church basketball court into a colorful cosy reception center.
We had two soft-serve icecream machines with five types of toppings and three types of brownies. Lots of sugar with a water chaser!!! We had a photo booth where the guests could have fun or serious pictures taken on a strip of 4 photos. One copy was given to the guests to take home, and the other was glued to paper, where they could leave a note and then add it to an album. Many of the pictures were fantastic.
The cake was wonderful, the backdorp amazing, the flowers and tables were spectacular, the lighting stunning, the refreshments (treats) were yummy, and the people are the greatest. I, of course, just needed to stand there, smiling, talking (my favorite pasttime), and act like a regal father for a couple hours.
Thanks again to everyone who helped raise her and put efforts into her wonderful day!
Download Store Sm Lgne By Liane Moriarty Pdf Ebook
-
Download Store Sm Lgne By Liane Moriarty Pdf Ebook
Genre : Fiction & Literature ,Books
Er det mord? En tragisk hændelse? Eller bare forældre, der ikke kan o...
5 years ago
3 comments:
Sure, I made it through the whole "big day" without a tear...just lots of pride and excitement for the beautiful bride and handsome groom...and then I read this! Sweet sentiments.
A wonderful day...you should all be proud of your work...in planning the wedding and more importantly in raising such a perfect girl...I mean woman!
Best wishes.
I wish I could have been there! I was sad to have missed it for all the family that I would have been able to see, including your cute girl, but now I know I missed ICE CREAM TOO!
It's too much to handle. I need a nap...
Really though, congrats. I'm glad (but not surprised) that everything went wonderfully.
I had so much fun that day. I can't describe how much I love Paige and how nice it was to be there in the temple that day with her. I couldn't stop crying. I take after my dad you know! ANyways...Thanks for letting me share in your daughter's day. It was awesome and I feel blessed to have her as my niece.
Post a Comment