Sunday, February 24, 2008

Nels Olsoen - How does he do it


I can't understand how Nels Oleson actually does it. I understand that it is a TV show (Little House on the Prairie) but as with many shows, we get involved to the point where it becomes "real". Nels is one of those stabilizing characters which tries to be a good person to his family and to the people of Walnut Grove. But he has to regularly defend his wife and children for their cold and dark attitudes. He also has a slightly obvious jealousy of Charles Ingalls. Nells once expressed that he felt Charles was probably the richest man in Walnut Grove.


I love to watch Little House on the Prairie (actually watching it now as I type). Sometimes it is sappy but always has a good message and has life applying value. I have always liked Michael Landon (played Charled Ingalls) and feel that Karen Grassle did a wonderful job playing Caroline Ingalls. (I had a crush on her when I was younger). Well, I never liked the Oelson women, but it really would not have been the same show without them. I guess it is like MASH without Frank Burns or Charles Winchester...just wouldn't work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, do you watch the marathons on Sunday. Aparently its like 3 hours in a row or something. I always hated the olsens too, but my crush was always on Albert!!!

(even though this show is way before my time!!! my parents were obsessed too!)

Niki said...

The episode I always remember is when some old lady faked her death so all of her family would come visit. At the funeral she jumped out of the casket. Although, maybe it was just an episode I made up in my head because my mom doesn't remember it and she was a Little House fanatic as well.

Norm said...

Yes, there really was an episode like that. She was trying to get her kids together to visit...they never visited her. Teresa says that her "crush" was on Manly, who married Laura. I actually think she still has a crush on him, but that is OK because I still have a crush on Caroline (shhh).