Wow, it is amazing how much time I can waste in a day. We returned from Disneyland, Universal Studios, and Warner Brother Studios about a week ago. The trip was fun, exhausting and frustrating all wrapped up in a little ball called "me". Now that I am home I don't want to do anything. I have completed some tasks which I "had" to do, but even those have kept me dragging.
I had to replace the rear brakes on my pickup over the past weekend. I luckily had a 4-day weekend, because the job which should have taken me 4 hours took two full days. Had to torch/pound off one of the drums which caused it to deform. The other one had a groove cut into it so neither could be turned. SO, two new drums at $105.00 each (I always have the expensive parts because the earlier year was only $55.00 each). I should have replaced one of the slave(wheel) cylinders, but put it off. I am sure I will be leaking brake fluid within the next two years.
Back wheels mostly done, I pulled one of the front wheels to check the brakes and bearings. Both wheels had about 1/2 inch of horizontal play (movement) in the bearings and the pads were about 80% worn. It appears that the last person who had the hubs off did not tighten them enough. SO, new pads, new bearings and grease seals (another $150.00). One of the rubber cups on the brake piston is cracking and needs to be replaced. Oh, crap, I'll do it later...when I replace/rebuild the rear wheel cylinder).
Installed new fan belts (four) because they were well worn and beginning to crack and squeal. Changed the oil and filter ($5.00 for a cheap filter now days and $10.00 for 5 qrts of oil). I don't drive the truck too much so I have lots of tread on the tires, but they are starting to show a slight amount of weather cracking...new tires by next year. Oh, I also replaced a burned out headlight. Engine sounds good, but the transmission has a little slip while it shifts. New battery needed because this one is living on the edge...actually not to bad for a 7 year old battery. SO, another $100.00 by the end of tomorrow.
I guess I shouldn't complain. If I didn't do the work myself I would be well over a couple of grand right now. Thanks to my uncle, father, brothers, friends and a lot of books to help me learn how to do this stuff.
Oh, yesterday I put a new battery in the motorcycle and got it running. A week from Saturday I get to replace the oil pan gasket on one of the other cars...among other things. Last month I did a lot of work on another car to get safety and emission inspections to pass. Too many vehicles in my household.
Download Store Sm Lgne By Liane Moriarty Pdf Ebook
-
Download Store Sm Lgne By Liane Moriarty Pdf Ebook
Genre : Fiction & Literature ,Books
Er det mord? En tragisk hændelse? Eller bare forældre, der ikke kan o...
5 years ago
2 comments:
Geez. That was exhausting just to read.
No kidding, I'm worn out just reading it. Your "lazy" days are far more productive than my busy ones!!
Post a Comment