Thursday, March 13, 2008

Not Good Enough

Made the change from dial-up to DSL tonight. Although things (so far) have gone better than I expected, it is far from the hopes of just plug it in and it works. I am still working on the details but I have a connection to the internet. Apparently I have a setup issue with my network card so I went for the wireless connection. The strength of the wireless card seems to be effected by position, but it is only a couple of feet away. I have it in the "perfect" place right now. Once I get farther I will start looking at where the core problem is there. Well - back to it.

2 comments:

Niki said...

Stick with it! I had DSL for a long time and still use a wireless router at home. Once you've got it set up you'll love it and never look back to dial up days.

Norm said...

Thanks for the encouragement Niki!!