I am often surprised how strongly we interpret things with our own personal bias. I have recently had many discussions with people regarding a variety or subjects (political, economic, social, religious). Frequently I find that those I speak with have a narrow focus on the subjects we are discussing. They often don't have a reasonable comprehension of all the facts related to things to which they have strong opinion. I have talked to several people who want the "primary elections" (probably better called "party elections") eliminated without understanding what they are and how they came to be. BTW they also want the "Electoral College" eliminated in favor of a "popular vote" at the national level without understanding why the college was originally instituted. I have found that financial (flat-tax, raising/falling interest rates, FED involvement, etc) understanding is even worse. I just hope that I'm not as crazy as everyone else. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment